HARDING UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
The Harding United Methodist Church is located in the small town of Harding, just north of Ottawa, Illinois. Methodists began meeting together in Harding as early as the 1830's. The Methodist Church was established in 1838. The first Methodist Church building was built in 1856 and served by circuit riders. Resident pastors began serving in 1861, and a new church building was completed in 1967. The church held a renowned Turkey Supper each fall for 53 years, until 2001. In 2013 the Harding United Methodist Church was recognized by the Illinois State Historical Society as a Sesquicentennial Church.